Unless otherwise noted, all scripture quotations are from The New King James Version.
1. “You shall have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20:3).
“It is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve’” (Luke 4:8).
2. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth” (Exodus 20:4).
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24).
3. “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain” (Exodus 20:7).
“But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool […]let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one” (Matthew 5:34-35, 37).
4. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27-28).
5. “Honor your father and your mother” (Exodus 20:12).
“For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death’” (Matthew 15:4).
6. “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13).
“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:44-45).
7. “You shall not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
“But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
8. “You shall not steal” (Exodus 20:15).
“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts […] thefts […] All these evil things come from within and defile a man” (Mark 7:21-23).
9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” (Exodus 20:16).
“For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks” (Luke 6:45).
“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:37).
10. “You shall not covet” (Exodus 20:17).
“Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses” (Luke 12:15).