1. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law found in the Book of the Law of Moses.
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us … That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” – Galatians 3:13-14
2. Believing in Christ makes everyone right with God. We are saved by grace, not by works.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” – Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 3:24
3. Jesus gives believers peace that the world can never offer.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” – John 14:27
4. Jesus understands our weaknesses. Jesus is our High Priest who mediates on our behalf to God.
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” – Hebrews 4:15
5. Jesus is the New Adam sent to restore the spirit of God in us through faith. Jesus has allowed us to act on the potential for good that God has placed in everyone by His power and grace.
“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.” – 1 Corinthians 15:45-49; 2Cor 12:9
Church of God (7th Day) – Salem Conference
Pour nous contacter en français